Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Why don't people eat the ends of the bread loaf?

Thank you, Alicia. I presume that you are referring to the "crust slices" that many folks discard.

You surely are aware that prior to disposing of these annoyances, they are usually "worked around" from the time the package is first opened until the entire remainder of the loaf is thrown out.

I think that, for some reason, people believe that the first edible piece is three or four slices in. I'm not quite sure why they feel that way, but...

It seems like a terrific waste of food, I prefer to eat them toasted, with peanut butter and strawberry preserves...even better with sausage gravy. I mean, there's enough fat in the gravy - who needs biscuits to boot? They are also outstanding for dunking in Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper soup.

Waste them if you like, but don't cry about the cost - it's your loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment